We understand that no two clients are identical, and therefore we take time to understand your needs, goals and preferences and strive to create solutions designed exclusively for you and not standardized formulas that ignore your unique aspects as an individual.
1. Our initial meeting
- This will allow you to identify what you would require from us and could be comprehensive, need or product specific.
- We will use this time to obtain your full financial information or get your permission to obtain it from third parties.
- We will try to assess your current financial position and help you identify your goals.
- This will also allow us the opportunity to information you about all our services and the costing involved for such a service.
2. Our advice process
Using information obtained from you, we compile a written proposal which will be used as a discussion document at the follow up meeting – it will deal with the following:
- Legal aspects of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act
- Eden Wealth Management – who we are
- Eden Wealth Management processes
- Understanding your background information as well as your present and future financial requirements
- Factors that will impact on your financial plan and goals
- Investment products and investment vehicles
- Our house view
- Comments and recommendations
- Costs and reporting
3. Implementing your plan
After our follow-up meeting, you will have sufficient time to access and understand how we propose to assist you in meeting your comprehensive or single financial goals.
The frequency and level of contact you have with us is up to you. It could be face-to-face meetings, over the phone, post or by email. If your circumstances change, we need to know so that we can review what further changes your plan may require. These would typically cover life-changing events, including getting married, having a baby, a promotion or buying a new property – all events that may affect your finances and will require you to assess your financial planning strategy.
This process must be underpinned by a joint commitment from both Eden Wealth Management and our clients in order to ensure the successful completion of their financial goals
Once we have all agreed to your future financial plan, the following steps will be followed:
- Entering into a service agreement that stipulates what you expect from us and we expect from you;
- Establishing the monitoring and reporting process and periods; and
- We make sure that all our recommendations to which you have agreed have been implemented.
4. Reviewing your plan
Regular reporting is done with regards to the portfolio within the context of the service agreement.
Regular investment reporting includes:
- Total and sub-total returns measured for the reporting period;
- Internal Rate of Return since inception;
- Measuring of weighted returns, as well as risk adjusted returns;
- Measuring and re-balancing your risk profile to risk exposure; and
- Opportunistic market adjustment recommendations.
Regular risk planning reports will include:
- Presentation of all financial products.
- Review of your financial needs; and
- Review of your current will.
Eden Wealth Management has its origin as a branch grown from the proud roots of the highly respected Advanced Wealth Management that itself originated from the international accounting firm Price Waterhouse Coopers. With the sale of AWM to PSG in 2007 it was eventually decided in 2009 that our and our clients interest would be best served as a fully independent wealth manager.
We are committed to providing excellence in the financial management process, including problem-solving, communications, products and services. This means different things to different people. Please ask us how this commitment to excellence might work for you.
You may want to invest money on a regular basis to build up a capital sum for the future. You might be planning for retirement, or the generation of investment income for the future, saving to buy a property or a holiday home, providing for school fees or simply creating a nest egg for the future.
Eden Wealth Management provides solutions for the diverse needs of our clients, enabling each individual to structure their finances as efficiently as possible. There are many ways to grow your wealth: from ensuring you receive the best rates for short-term cash management, to a more complex undertaking of creating an investment portfolio to grow your wealth for the long term.
Eden Wealth Management can help you make informed decisions about the investment choices that are right for you by assessing your life priorities, goals, and attitude towards risk for return. Any number of changing circumstances could cause your wealth to diminish, some inevitable and some unpredictable – new taxes and legislation, volatile markets, inflation and changes in your personal life. Structuring your wealth in a way that minimises the impact of these changes is essential.
The single biggest impact on any investment is the underlying fund selection. As part of our role as Wealth Manager it is our duty to select the most appropriate funds, keeping in mind the administrator, fund manager and your investment goals.
Apart from the Fund manager – and Institutional risk, it is just about impossible for an investor to lose all their capital in an investment through Eden Wealth Management. In SA there are over 1000 different unit trusts available covering a very wide spectrum. Some older and more established managers are responsible for billions while a new breed of boutique managers is popping up on a regular basis. To reduce Fund manager – and Institutional risk to as close to zero as possible we use a selection method that does not only reduce the investors risk, but also assists us to focus our attention on the best of the best.
EWM will only use funds with a minimum 3 Plexcrowns.
Plexus have the reputation as the leader amongst the unit trust grading agencies in SA. Only funds older than 5 years are graded using industry acceptable statistical measurement criteria. Each of the 5 criteria met are rewarded with a crown resulting in the PlexCrown grading. The following criteria are used:
- Minimum acceptable rate of return – Risk-free return.
- Total risk-adjusted returns – “Sharpe Ratio” establish the true return of a fund in relation to its risk – up or down.
- Downside risk-adjusted returns – “Sortino Ratio” measures the return deviation below a minimum acceptable rate.
- Manager’s skill – “Alpha” is the excess return of what would otherwise come from normal market forces.
- Risk/Reward – “Omega” is the gain:loss ratio that measures a minimum acceptable level of return.
Wealth protection is a must-have to secure the future for both you and your family in the event of the unexpected life event. The security and opportunity your wealth brings can be protected for generations, but there are many things to consider. Inheritance Tax, premature death, illness and loss of income to name but a few all need to be considered in an effective wealth protection planning strategy.
Wealth protection is an emotional and complex matter that can be made stress-free and simplified by making use of lifetime planning opportunities. Through the use of tailored drawn Wills and Trusts suited to your particular circumstances, you can ensure that your valuable assets are retained for future generations in the most financially prudent and effective way.
At Eden Wealth Management we believe in the preservation and constructive transfer of wealth as the primary component of a successful wealth protection strategy. As assets grow over a lifetime, so does the need for its protection. A forward-looking and integrated wealth protection strategy will help ensure a legacy for you and your loved ones.
With the numerous options available to you when deciding on the manner of structuring and preserving your assets, with our advice, you can be confident of making the best decision based on your specific financial and family situation and in this way meeting your personal objectives.
Eden Wealth Management are on hand to sit down with you and discuss all your requirements and needs – advice that may prove invaluable when protecting the important things in your life.
We can help you deal with the ‘what ifs’ in life such as illness, injury or even death. By thinking about these things now, you can plan ahead and gain peace of mind that you and your family will be looked after financially.
As a corporate or individual, you need your cash to work as hard as you do. Whether it’s returns or liquidity you require, our cash management solutions can help you achieve this goal.
Eden Wealth Management specialist expertise, combined with our client-centred approach, means you get a holistic and flexible approach to your specific cash investment needs. Our offerings are designed to ensure optimal liquidity and excellent returns on your money.
Cash management solutions need to be flexible to suit your specific cash flow needs. Our products offer the competitive returns and all the accessibility that you require. From simple call accounts, to fixed deposits and more flexible offerings like our unique step-up deposits our suite of offerings is designed to meet your specific needs.
- Call accounts that offer immediately accessible cash at returns linked to +- prime.
- Fixed deposits.
- Money Market related returns that offer the average of the best money markets.
- Electronic payment to 3d parties normally not allowed by banks.
Zero bank charges.